Preparing for an Advising Session
Step 1: Know what courses are required for your program of study
- Program of study (major) requirements can be found in the College Catalog. Catalogs are available online or from Student Services in the Sink Building.
- Program Counselors in Student Services, or Faculty Advisors, can provide information on course requirements or specific admission requirements for all programs of study.
- Information is also available on WebAdvisor under "Academic Planning," click "Program Evaluation"
Step 2: Know what courses you have already taken
- This information can be found in your WebAdvisor account.
- Under the "Students" tab and "Academic Profile," click on "Transcript" - in the drop down box select CU Curriculum transcript.
- You should print a copy of this screen and take it with you to your advising appointment.
Step 3: Know what courses you need to take for the semester
- Using an up to date program evaluation, determine what courses you now need to take.
- Review the current semester course schedule, also available on WebAdvisor under "Search for Sections."
- Take this information with you to your advising session.
Step 4: Register for Classes
- Once your Advisor has removed the registration restriction from your student records, you can register for your classes using WebAdvisor.
- Check the Registration Dates webpage for more information about registration and payment deadlines.