Academic Programs

Know your Academic Program! Course requirements for each major are listed in the college catalog under the section for academic programs. The courses are organized by the recommended semester (Fall, Spring or Summer) for enrollment. Some of the more common courses, such as ENG 111 or ACA 115, are offered every semester. Other courses, are only offered once a year during a designated semester. Some courses follow set sequence, such as BIO 165 would be offered during Fall semester followed by BIO 166 during the Spring semester. It's important to pay attention to when courses are typically offered in order to stay on track and graduate in a timely manner. It's very important to talk to your academic advisor about when you should take courses in your major.

 Click the Academic Programs link to the left and find your program of study.

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement for College Transfer

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between N.C. community colleges and N.C. public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students.

This agreement has been approved by the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina and the N.C. State Board of Community Colleges. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example, the CAA identifies community college courses that are appropriate for transfer as electives. Courses that will satisfy pre-major and general education requirements are also specified.

Developmental Courses

Developmental courses are a series of English, reading and math courses that are designed to increase a student's skills in those areas, and assist the student in becoming better prepared for college level courses.