Open Computer Lab and IT Help
Campus Computer Usage Policy
Technology and Development - Open Lab Rules
The Open Lab is not a public access lab; therefore faculty and students who use the lab will be asked to present their student ID card and Sign In to use the Computers. The ID card will be held at the Lab Monitor's desk and returned upon Sign Out. The purpose of the lab is for academic work only.
Please be considerate of others working in the lab and do not gather for group projects or group work. Loud talking, laughing or other disruptions will not be permitted. Wireless access is available outside the lab and various study areas are available if you need to work in groups.
- No food in the lab and only screw-top bottled drinks allowed.
- The computers in the lab do not have speakers; therefore if you need to access media, please bring your own headsets/earphones. The lab will not supply those.
- If you need to save work you are doing in the lab, please bring your own flash drive.
- If you need to access files from a course CD, please give the CD to the Lab Monitor who will place the files on the server for you. The computers do not have CD drives.
- Online games effect college bandwidth and are not permitted.
- Do not change settings, turn off, or attempt to "fix" or move any computer.
- Unauthorized sharing of copyrighted materials such as music, video or software is not permitted.
- Cell phone are to be placed on vibrate and all calls taken outside the lab.
- Lab phones are not for student use.
- Curriculum students can print up to 100 pages without cost. After this number is reached, the student will be responsible for paying the current print rate.
The Lab Monitors are available to assist you with technical difficulties such as properly saving a file, and general "processes" in your online course (o as file uploads, etc.). They cannot help you with course content such has how to do math problems, etc.
The BRCC Visitors policy will apply in that children should not be in the lab or using the campus network. The BRCC Visitors policy is available in the Student Handbook.
The BRCC Academic Honesty policy will apply, it is the student's responsibility to know and understand this policy. The BRCC Academic Honesty policy is available in the Student Handbook.
BRCC IT Help Desk
The BRCC IT Help Desk is available to provide support for your school related technical needs. The Help Desk can assist with the following.
- Assist you with accessing BRCC resources from home such as Moodle.
- Provide technical support for all classroom and lab computers.
- Assist with accessing your WebAdvisor or Moodle account if you are unable to use the "Forgot my ID/password" self-service options
Contact the Help Desk at: Email: email@example.com Phone: 828-694-1895 Location: Technology Education & Development Building Room 117 on the Henderson County Campus and the Strauss Building room 151 on the Transylvania County Campus.
The IT Help Desk can not give out Student ID numbers or other personal identification information.