Counseling and Support Services
Student Services Counseling Services
- Available for crisis situations and can make referrals to outside agencies for students.
- Available to listen to your concerns and issues.
- Serve as an advocate for students in college related issues.
- Assist with a student's academic progress and referrals to academic support services on campus.
- Conduct Academic Probation Conferences.
- Available to answer student questions.
Academic Probation Conferences
Academic Probation is not punishment. It is a means of assisting students who are experiencing academic difficulty.
- If a students GPA falls below at 2.0 (C average) then they are placed on Academic Probation.
- Students are required to meet with a Counselor before they can register for the next semester.
- Counselor meeting is simply a meeting to talk about why a student fail below a 2.0 and to work out a plan to assist the student in improving their academics.
Student records are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See the college catalog for more information
Student Grievance Procedure and Due Process
Any Blue Ridge Community College student has the right to be officially heard in matters where they have general grievances and for which there is no other approved grievance or review process.
Information on the Student Grievance Procedure and Due Process can be found in the College Catalog in the "General Information/Policies" section, located at www.blueridge.edu